Whether you are memorializing a loved one, attending a holiday event or experiencing our art and architecture, we are glad to serve you at all of our Memorial-Parks.
When visiting, we appreciate your kind cooperation with our basic guidelines.
Visiting the Grounds
- Please respect the privacy of people who are attending funerals or visiting family memorials.
- Please avoid walking across interment sections except to visit interment spaces. Walk with care around memorial tablets, lawn vases and sprinkler heads.
- Please ensure that children under 16 years of age are accompanied by an adult.
- Picnicking and lying down on lawns or benches on the grounds are prohibited.
- Loitering is prohibited.
- Pets are not allowed on the grounds or in the buildings.
- Feeding or disturbing birds is prohibited.
- Please be careful not to damage trees and plants or pick flowers.
- Smoking is not allowed in any of the buildings.
- Please feel free to place fresh cut flowers at any of our Memorial – Park locations.*
- Please place potted plants no larger than eight inches in diameter or one gallon in volume on tablets or vases (in order to protect the grass).
- Please limit placements to no more than three per interment space.
- Cut flowers will be removed in approximately five days.
- Funeral flowers will be removed in approximately three days.
- Ornaments, borders, fences, planter boxes, balloons, spinners, statues, stones, or other items which do not conform to the rules and regulations of the Forest Lawn Memorial-Parks are not permitted. All placements not conforming to these rules will be removed.
*Artificial flowers are permitted at the Cathedral City location only, due to extreme climate conditions.
- Drive your motor vehicle at a safe speed, not exceeding the posted speed limit.
- Please turn down your radio so that the sound cannot be heard outside the vehicle.
- Please avoid parking in front of an open interment site unless you are part of a funeral procession.
- When parking on a hill or grade, turn your wheels safely into the curb, and be sure to set the parking brake.
- All photography (still or video) inside buildings is prohibited, except at funerals, weddings, and other private services with the consent of the person(s) in charge.
- No commercial or professional photography is allowed under any circumstances without the express written consent of Forest Lawn.
- No wedding photography in connection with weddings held outside the Forest Lawn Memorial-Parks is permitted anywhere on the premises.
Your Safety is Important
- Please be particularly careful when walking on slopes, damp grass, or grass covered with pine needles as they can be very slippery
- After sunset, please stay within lighted areas.
- When you leave your car, lock it and take or conceal any valuables.
- Please be aware that we do have wildlife in our parks.