Whether you are memorializing a loved one, attending a holiday event or experiencing our art and architecture, we are glad to serve you at all of our Memorial-Parks.
When visiting, we appreciate your kind cooperation with our basic guidelines.
Visiting the Grounds
- Please respect the privacy of people who are attending funerals or visiting family memorials.
- Please avoid walking across interment sections except to visit interment spaces. Walk with care around memorial tablets, lawn vases and sprinkler heads.
- Please ensure that children under 16 years of age are accompanied by an adult.
- Picnicking and lying down on lawns or benches on the grounds are prohibited.
- Loitering is prohibited.
- Pets are not allowed on the grounds or in the buildings.
- Feeding or disturbing birds is prohibited.
- Please be careful not to damage trees and plants or pick flowers.
- Smoking is not allowed in any of the buildings.
DECORATION GUIDELINES FOR VISITORS
- Feel free to place fresh flowers.
- You may also place plotted plants smaller than one gallon in volume or 8 inches in diameter, but they must be placed on tablets or in ground vases to protect the grass.
- Limited to 3 floral placements per space.
- Funeral Flowers are removed on the third day following internment. *Holiday decorations are removed on posted removal dates.
- Items that are not allowed (such as artificial flowers, ornaments, borders, fences, planter boxes, pot stands, pot racks, bridges, glass and ceramic containers, balloons, spinners, solar lights, statues, stones, metal objects, etc.) will be removed.
- Flowers along with decorations accompanying them will be removed when flowers become wilted.
*Holiday decorations cannot exceed 4 feet in height, may not use support wires, limit maintenance access, create a safety concern, nor impede on another internment space.
**Forest Lawn shall remove decorations when they become unsightly or do not meet the standards established. Forest Lawn shall not be responsible for decorations or flowers so removed or for flowers or decorations stolen, lost or damaged.
NICHE AND WALL CRYPT DECORATION GUIDELINES FOR VISITORS
- Feel free to place fresh flowers.
- Hanging vases are provided for this purpose in this vase storage area or cabinet. The shorter vases are for use on niches and the taller vases for use on wall crypts. Using a taller vase on a niche encroaches on the niche below.
- Bronze Tone (brown) vases are for interior locations only. Verde (blue/green) vases are for exterior locations only.
- Artificial flowers, ornaments, potted plants and planter boxes, pot stands, pot racks, bridges, glass and ceramic containers, balloons, spinners, solar lights, statues, stones, or metal objects and other items that do not conform to the rules and regulations are not permitted and will be removed and discarded.
- Stickers, photographs, notes, and anything that is attached in any fashion to the granite or marble surfaces are not permitted and will be removed to protect these stone surfaces and discarded.
- When the flowers have wilted, they will be discarded and the vases returned to the vase storage areas. At that time, any ribbons or other decorations attached to the vases will be discarded.
For more information, please call 800-204-3131
- Drive your motor vehicle at a safe speed, not exceeding the posted speed limit.
- Please turn down your radio so that the sound cannot be heard outside the vehicle.
- Please avoid parking in front of an open interment site unless you are part of a funeral procession.
- When parking on a hill or grade, turn your wheels safely into the curb, and be sure to set the parking brake.
- All photography (still or video) inside buildings is prohibited, except at funerals, weddings, and other private services with the consent of the person(s) in charge.
- No commercial or professional photography is allowed under any circumstances without the express written consent of Forest Lawn.
- No wedding photography in connection with weddings held outside the Forest Lawn Memorial-Parks is permitted anywhere on the premises.
Your Safety is Important
- Please be particularly careful when walking on slopes, damp grass, or grass covered with pine needles as they can be very slippery
- After sunset, please stay within lighted areas.
- When you leave your car, lock it and take or conceal any valuables.
- Please be aware that we do have wildlife in our parks.